My 1929 Harley-Davidson Motorcycle




My first Motorcycle was a 1929 Harley-Davidson with sidecar. My father with my youthful brother took me to choose it up and we towed it dwelling with a rope behind the automotive and me, at the age of 18 years, hanging on to the vast handlebars for grim life.





I did not have a motorcycle license on the time but rapidly had it out on the again roads with my brother in the sidecar. It wasn't the quickest of motorbikes nevertheless it might have pulled a house down with two 650cc pots in a V.





I bear in mind effectively on the primary outing when my brother pushed the handlebars to onside sending the machine out into the center of the street he may see the parked automobile, which the sidecar was heading straight at while I was concentrating in just working the gears and the clutch system of the outdated-timer basic Harley Davidson.





The 12 months was 1953 and the cost of this old-timer motorcycle was $20. I held on to that bike for about four years after which decided that it was worthless and offered it for $25 in order to buy an actual motorbike the newest ' Red Hunter'.





If only I had known that by the time I retired 50 years later the Harley Davidson would have been price my whole retirement bundle and more. But that's life none of us might have thought within the 1950s the eventual collector value of machines and books and comics were to be some 50 years later.





Some years later while a university pupil I bought a second hand BSA 500 single pot and graduated to different bikes along the years. I did many trips on totally different machines and even tried motor scooters however I nonetheless remember with great fondness my first motorcycle the 1929 Harley Davidson with sidecar.


0 comments: